Kyle R. Gaughan
Kyle Gaughan is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office, where he focuses his practice on a variety of corporate transactions. Mr. Gaughan has represented public and privately held companies across a wide range of industries, such as healthcare, manufacturing, food services and veterinary practices.
Mr. Gaughan represents clients in a range of legal matters, including private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private placements and commercial transactions. In addition, Mr. Gaughan has experience in advising clients on the negotiation of joint venture agreements and other governance matters.
During law school, Mr. Gaughan served as the executive comments editor of The Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review. He also was a member of the Transactional Lab & Clinic, where he drafted commercial contracts for corporate clients.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Gaughan was an associate at a Midwest law firm and previously served as in-house counsel for a large candy manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its $20 million acquisition of a Michigan manufacturing company, as well as in connection with negotiation of the joint venture agreement with its co-investor
- Represented the portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with its $14 million acquisition of the assets of an Illinois-based manufacturing company
- Represented a publically traded company in connection with a $250 million acquisition of an international medical device company
- Represented a publically traded company in connection with a $75 million acquisition of an arthroscopy device business
- Represented a medical regulatory compliance consulting group in connection with its $35 million sale
- Represented a medical technology company in connection with its $70 million offering
- Represented a real estate investment group in connection with a $20 million offering for the acquisition of a group of industrial buildings
- Represented a real estate investment group in connection with its $8 million offering for the acquisition of a multibuilding apartment complex
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A.