Kevin C. George is a senior counsel in Holland & Knight's New York office. He principally practices in the area of real estate finance, with an emphasis on affordable housing transactions, and the areas of office leasing, as well as loan restructuring and workouts.
Mr. George represents a number of financial institutions and other lenders in various types of commercial mortgage loan transactions, including conduit loans, construction loans, affordable housing financing, letter of credit-enhanced bonds and purchase money financing.
Mr. George has handled numerous real estate matters, including the acquisition, disposition and financing of an international motel chain and major midtown Manhattan office buildings. He also has experience in the financing and disposition of shopping center properties; the development, sale, financing and other matters related to outparcel development; and the leasing and subleasing of data centers as well as office and retail space for landlords and tenants.
- Represented a developer in the permanent financing and closing of a construction loan for a residential apartment
- Represent national lenders in a variety of affordable housing transactions in New York City and nationally involving subordinate subsidy loans, Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contracts, and publicly and privately placed bond financings for both new construction and rehabilitation of existing projects
- Negotiated the sale of an extended-stay hospitality property on East 56th Street in New York City
- Represented foreign investors in the sale of major New York City real estate holdings
- Negotiated the sale of a ground leased fee interest in a midtown Manhattan building for $192 million
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
- Northeastern University, summa cum laude
- New York
- St. John's Law Review, Research Editor
- New York City Bar Association
- New Neighborhoods, Inc., Board Member
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021