Stacie Goeddel is a California real estate and hospitality attorney. Ms. Goeddel represents owners, lenders and hotel companies in commercial real estate transactions and has a special expertise in complex resort and hospitality development projects. Her clients' projects are within urban and resort locations, throughout the United States and in foreign jurisdictions, with specific emphasis on North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
Ms. Goeddel has 20 years' experience representing clients in all types and all phases of real estate projects, including acquisition and disposition; finance; development, including creation and implementation of mixed‐use legal structures preparation of project governing documents, residential sale documents and project registrations; negotiation of management and related agreements; and post‐completion operations. In addition, Ms. Goeddel has specific experience in the purchase and sale of hotels and resorts and representing owners and lenders in connection with distressed hotels and residential projects.
She has extensive experience counseling hotel operators and owners on mixed-use projects, and provides her clients with creative solutions in structuring, managing and operating complex developments. In connection with branded developments, Ms. Goeddel negotiates hotel, resort and residential management agreements and residential licensing agreements and oversees brand compliance. Ms. Goeddel provides training for owners and operators on branded mixed-use developments and hotel rental programs, and provides counsel on the preparation of related form agreements. She also counsels on compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements in the registration, sale and marketing of residential projects, including compliance with federal securities laws. Ms. Goeddel also assists with structuring and implementing cost-allocation methodologies for mixed-use projects. Upon completion, Ms. Goeddel guides owner and operator clients on their ongoing operation and management.
At Holland & Knight, Ms. Goeddel serves on the Hiring Committee for the San Francisco office and is an active member of the firm's Pro Bono Committee.
Ms. Goeddel's representative experience includes:
- Urban Vertical Subdivision with Luxury Condominiums. Represented a luxury hotel company in a Chicago urban mixed-use vertical subdivision within a single building comprised of office, retail and branded luxury residential condominiums. Negotiated and prepared branded residential licensing agreement and residential management agreement; negotiated master reciprocal easement agreement, residential condominium project documents and residential sale and disclosure documents.
- Desert Resort with Shared Facilities and Rental Program. Represented a luxury hotel company in the development of a mixed-use project with a hotel and separate condominium and whole-ownership villas subdivisions in the Palm Desert, California. Negotiated and prepared a shared facilities structure for the master resort covering the hotel facilities and multiple subdivisions, including complicated cost-sharing arrangements. Negotiated residential condominium project governing documents and residential sales documents for registration in California. Prepared and implemented hotel owner rental program.
- Urban Master Condominium with Hotel and Branded Residences. Represented a luxury hotel company in a West Hollywood, California development, comprised of a single-building hotel with branded residences and shared amenities. Negotiated and prepared residential sales and marketing license agreement, management agreements, master and condominium governing documents and California-compliant residential sales documents.
- Non-Contiguous, Multi-Building Boutique Hotel Project. Represented a boutique hotel operator in management of a unique hotel property in Key West, Florida. Negotiated the management agreement, technical services agreement and related agreements for a hotel with unique challenges related to the hotel being comprised of multiple buildings located throughout the Key West market to be operated as a single hotel and operation under a "white-label" during renovations.
- Mountain Resort with Hotel and Franctionalshare Project and Rental Program. Represented a luxury hotel company in the implementation of a hotel and fractionalshare project in Aspen, Colorado. Negotiated master condominium and fractionalshare project documents, fractionalshare policies and procedures, and a complicated unit maintenance program and rental program for the fractionalshare residences.
- Hawaii Timeshare Fee-for-Services Project. Represented a developer in a fee-for-services branded timeshare project in Maui, Hawaii, which involved negotiating fee-for-services agreements, including hotel, condominium and timeshare management agreements, and advising in the sale and registration of the project in multiple states.
- Sale of Hawaii Resort Project. Represented land owner is stock purchase sale of fully-entitled Hawaiian resort project, including transfer of all related assets including entitlements and residential sale registrations.
- Multiple Franchise Mixed-Use Developments with Branded Residences. Represented a boutique hotel company in the negotiation of a franchise agreement, residential purchase documents and a rental program for multiple franchised condominium hotel projects located in Kauai, Hawaii, Beaver Creek, Colorado and Quebec, Canada.
- Urban Mixed-Use EB-5 Loan. Represented an EB-5 lender in a loan for construction of a mixed-use project in Los Angeles, which involves residential, hotel and commercial components.
- Luxury Branded Hotel and Residences Resort with a Rental Program. Represented a hotel company in the development of a resort mixed-used development in Riviera Maya, Mexico, comprised of a luxury hotel and branded villas with a rental program; negotiated hotel management agreement, sales and marketing license agreement and rental program agreement.
- Conversion of Canadian Condominium Hotel Development with Complicated Rental Program. Represented a hotel company in the conversion of a partially sold mixed-use project comprised of whole-ownership residences, a condominium hotel and shared facilities located in Toronto, Canada; negotiated and drafted numerous, unique agreements, including several hotel management agreements, marketing license agreement, and shared facilities agreements, to capture the conversion structure and implement a "white-label" period during an extensive property improvement plan (PIP) renovation; counseled client in revamping the condo hotel unit maintenance and rental program structure, terms and payment process; prepared documentation and agreements to transition existing condominium hotel and residential owners to revised residential program structure
- Conversion of Central American Condominium Hotel. Represented a luxury hotel company in the conversion of a complicated condominium hotel project located in a master resort development in Panama City, Panama, under new ownership; negotiated hotel management agreements; counseled client in the formation and implementation of a simpler condominium hotel structure, applicable to existing residential owners and new hotel owner, and prepared documentation and agreements to transition existing condominium hotel and residential owners to revised residential program structure
- Boutique Resort with Rental Program. Represented a boutique hotel operator in the conversion and on-going operation of a luxury hotel and residential resort in Los Cabos, California; negotiated extensive revisions to project governing documents to capture requirements for a branded project and rental program, including shared facilities and costs sharing arrangements; negotiated and prepared condominium management agreement and rental program agreement
- Luxury Residence Club with Rental and Resale Program. Represented a luxury hotel developer in the structure, implementation and operation of a residence club/fractional share project in Punta Mita, Mexico, including the creation of, and preparation of documentation for a rental program and a resale program
- Luxury Branded Hotel and Residences Resort, Anguilla. Represented a luxury hotel developer in the implementation of a mixed-use development comprised of a hotel, villas and condominiums in Anguilla, including the creation of legal structure and preparation of master and condominium project documents, shared facilities documents, residential purchase documents and a rental program, as well as counsel on condominium hotel and ongoing operational matters
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- Tulane University, B.A.
- CREW San Francisco, Board Member 2014-2019, Secretary, 2014‐2016; President Elect, 2017; President 2018
- American Resort Development Association
- CREW Network, National Nominating Committee, 2017
- National Charity League, Board of Directors, 2016, 2017
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, Board of Governors, 2011‐2014
- Hastings West‐Northwest Journal of Environmental Law & Policy, Editor-in-Chief, 1999, 2000
- Industry Impact Award, The Registry, Nominee, 2020
- Northern California Real Estate Women of Influence Awards, Honoree, 2019
- San Francisco Business Times, Most Influential Women in Business, Honoree, 2019
- Law360 MVP Awards, Hospitality, 2018, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate, 2016, 2019
- Movers & Shakers, San Francisco Chronicle, 2011
- Rising Stars, Holland & Knight, Class of 2009