Joseph Goldstein is a land use and environmental lawyer with 34 years of experience in comprehensive planning, zoning, development permitting and development agreements. Mr. Goldstein, who is the practice group leader of the Miami Real Estate and Land Use practice, specializes in representing developers and private property owners in their efforts to protect their property rights, seek entitlements and process complex development or other governmental approvals and permits.
Mr. Goldstein has particularly notable experience in navigating through extremely complicated land use matters related to healthcare, mixed-use, utilities, government, education, land and economic development and sports facilities, as well as traditional retail, industrial, office, residential and community redevelopment.
Prior to attending law school at the University of Miami, Mr. Goldstein was a planner at the South Florida Regional Planning Council, the agency charged with oversight of the Developments of Regional Impact (DRI) and comprehensive planning processes for the three-county South Florida region, and as a law clerk for the City of Miami City Attorney's office.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Colgate University, B.A.
- Builders Association of South Florida, Miami-Dade County Legislative Committee, Chairman
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Environmental Law, Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law, 2005-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year, 2017, 2019
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate & Construction: Land Use/Zoning, 2011, 2012, 2014-2020
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2008-2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Builders Association of South Florida (BASF) Legislative Leadership Award, 2016
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2016
- Builders Association of South Florida (BASF) Al Singer Spirit of the Industry Award, 2015
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2008-2009
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, May 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated