Margot Mendelson Hammond is an attorney in Holland & Knight’s Boston office who focuses her practice on real estate finance transactions. Ms. Hammond is well-versed in net lease finance and commercial lending, including matters involving institutional lenders and underwriters in credit tenant lease financings and commercial mortgage loan originations.
Ms. Hammond has handled more than $4 billion of sale-leaseback private placements and 144As relating to hundreds of commercial properties across the United States, as well as more than $3 billion of lease financings of U.S. government facilities, hospitals, medical office buildings, headquarters buildings, retail properties, equipment and university properties in permanent and construction-to-permanent loans. In addition, she has handled more than $2 billion of commercial mortgage loans secured by hospitality, office, retail, U.S. government and garage properties.
Ms. Hammond has represented lenders and corporate trustees on behalf of lenders in a wide variety of asset management transactions, including defeasances, transfers, loan assumptions, prepayments, amendments, easements and condemnations.
Ms. Hammond's representative engagements include:
- Represented an investment bank as underwriter and initial purchaser in a $740 million sale-leaseback financing of 166 fee and leasehold properties in 34 states, leased to a large retail and healthcare company
- Represented an institutional investor as lender in a series of five cross-collateralized and cross-defaulted construction-to-permanent lease financings of buildings leased to the General Services Administration on behalf of the U.S. government, totaling $385 million
- Represented four institutional investors as lenders in a $330 million construction-to-permanent lease financing of a headquarters building in Illinois, leased to an insurance company
- Represented 11 institutional investors in the novation of $185 million of residual value insurance policies relating to 13 loans
- Represented an institutional investor as lender in a $55 million financing of 66 aircraft engines leased to a commercial airline
- Represented three institutional investors as lenders in a $195 million financing of an office property in New York, leased to a municipality
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S., International Relations, cum laude
- American College of Investment Counsel, Fellow
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate, Up & Coming, 2023
- The Legal 500 USA, Next Generation Lawyer, Real Estate, 2022, 2023