GSA Leasing & Federal Real Estate
- Holland & Knight's GSA Leasing & Federal Real Estate Team provides legal advice and counsel on all aspects of the federal government’s acquisition, management and construction of real estate assets.
- Our team of attorneys and professionals draws on our extensive experience working with the federal government agencies responsible for management of the government’s real estate assets – experience that enables us to provide clients with skilled, project-specific guidance.
- We combine legal acumen, informed business perspectives and market knowledge to advise clients on all aspects of federal real estate transactions.
Serving the unique real property needs of the federal government requires a comprehensive understanding – and experience handling – of associated legal, regulatory and legislative challenges. Our GSA Leasing and Federal Real Estate Team offers the credentials, experience and know-how to provide complete representation in this area.
Get Industry Insight From Our Accomplished Team
When you bring your government real estate asset issues to Holland & Knight, you benefit from a team of advisors that includes government and real estate attorneys with prior senior government experience, including a former General Counsel of the U.S. General Services Administration, and a number of experienced attorneys from a variety of disciplines. As a result, we can keep you informed with current information relating to the real estate laws, policies, trends and needs of the federal government.
Range of Services Ensures Complete Counsel
Developers, owners, REITs, lenders and property managers face a variety of issues associated with the acquisition, leasing, financing, construction and management of real property by state and federal governments. Our seasoned real estate attorneys combine informed business perspectives and market knowledge with legal acumen to assist in a full scope of government real estate services, including:
- support in the preparation of responses to formal solicitations for offers for the acquisition or lease of office or industrial space throughout the United States
- guidance through all aspects of federal real estate transactions from proposal preparation and negotiations to contract administration and compliance
- advice on a broad range of lease procurement and administration issues
- counsel for holdover, condemnation and other property management disputes
- representation for bid protests, as well as claims and terminations
- counsel for government construction contracts and transactions, including evaluations of standards and specifications
- preparation of full faith and credit opinions
- filing formal challenges to unfavorable agency decisions in appropriate forums
- evaluation of government real estate transactions with respect to financing considerations, including secondary market evaluations
- client advocacy in the government’s real estate policy and planning at the federal level
Expand Your Options With Experienced Counsel
Offering real estate to the federal government is often just one of several options. Our extensive real estate law and government contracts experience enables you to review other commercial options concurrently. Additional services include:
- assistance with the purchase of federal real estate offered by the government for disposal
- advice on public/private partnerships for the development and renovation of federal properties such as Enhanced Use Leasing (EUL) and the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI)
- support for federal design/build projects
- guidance in unique financial offerings for federal projects