Karen Havice is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office. Ms. Havice has substantial experience in commercial real estate and resort matters, including cruise ships, with an emphasis on development, acquisitions and sales, and financing.
Ms. Havice's development work includes structuring and drafting documentation for timeshare/fractional projects, condominiums, condominium hotels, and mixed-use projects, which includes representation of several major brands. She also has handled commercial lease work. Her acquisition and sales work includes representation of buyers and sellers of mixed-use projects, residential property, and timeshare/fractional projects. Her financing work includes representation of lenders and borrowers in acquisition loans, development loans, refinancings, and timeshare receivables transactions.
In addition, Ms. Havice has represented clients in connection with drafting timeshare legislation in Florida and The Bahamas.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Havice was special counsel to a top law firm in The Bahamas and a partner at a major U.S. law firm.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D.
- University of Miami, B.A., with honors
- American Diabetes Association, Orlando-Maitland Chapter, Former Board Member
- American Resort Development Association (ARDA)- International Committee, Caribbean Committee, Bahamas Committee, Former Committee Member
- Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer, 1998-2013
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2008
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Phi Beta Kappa