Kyle Hershey is a corporate attorney who represents both public and private companies, including private equity funds, in mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, co-investments, joint ventures and other general corporate matters. He also represents insureds and underwriters in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuances of representations and warranties insurance policies.
During law school, Mr. Hershey was a member of the University of Miami International and Comparative Law Review.
- Represented LMC Landscape Partners, a leading provider of professional landscape management services and a portfolio company of Trivest Partners, in its add-on acquisition of Cutters Edge Total Landscape Solutions, a leader in the commercial landscaping industry
- Represented Trivest Partners, a private equity firm, in its sale of PeopleShare Inc., a leading temporary staffing firm throughout the eastern United States, to PROMAN, a family-owned leading staffing firm for the light industrial and construction industries
- Represented MasTec Inc., a telecommunications and infrastructure construction company, in dozens of strategic acquisitions in the power distribution, wireless telecommunications and energy infrastructure sectors, including:
- MasTec's $600 million acquisition of Henkels & McCoy, one of the largest U.S. private electrical power transmission and distribution utility services firms and the 14th largest U.S. specialty contractor according to the recent 2021 Engineering News-Record ranking
- MasTec's $420 million acquisition of INTREN LLC, one of the largest private energy distribution contractors in the country
- MasTec's acquisition of FNF Construction Inc., a provider of heavy-highway construction and general engineering services, and a manufacturer of aggregate and asphalt rubber binder
- Represented Boyne Capital on its acquisition of Ryan Construction Co. Inc. and Ryan Marine Inc., a provider of diversified marine and industrial contracting and maintenance services across the Hampton Roads region of Virginia
- Represented International Money Express Inc., a publicly traded leading, omnichannel money remittance services company, in its acquisition of Envios de Valores La Nacional Corp. (La Nacional) and LAN Holdings Corp.
- Represented a leading furniture retailer and design company in connection with its sale to Haworth International Ltd.
- Represented Boyne Capital Management LLC (BCM Fund I, LP) in its acquisition of BCM Ameribest Holdings Inc. and its subsidiary, AmeriBest Home Care Inc., a provider of home healthcare services
- Represented Pine Tree Equity II LP in a variety of transactions, including the sale of Northwest Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries to WestView Capital Partners; the purchase of Federal National Payables Inc., Federal National Commercial Credit Inc. and Federal National Services Inc., providers of factoring (i.e., accounts receivable financing) primarily for businesses with accounts receivable from federal, state and municipal governments; and the purchase of Northwest Plan Services Inc., a third-party benefit plan administrator
- Represented W Schonbek LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of WAC, in the acquisition of the assets of Swarovski Lighting, Ltd.
- Represented Pine Tree Equity IV LP in its acquisition of Shortridge Academy LLC, a leading therapeutic boarding school in New Hampshire that supports the cognitive, emotional and social development of bright, yet struggling adolescents
- Represented PeopleShare Inc., a Trivest portfolio company, in its acquisition of Best Practices Staffing, an Illinois-based provider of staffing services
- Represented Lincoln Road Global Management LLC, a Miami-based private equity firm, in connection with its investment in Pro-Tec Fire & Safety, a leading provider of fire extinguisher and safety services in the Southeastern United States
- Represented Brenock Technology Inc., a software development and project management company and its equity holders in connection in its sale and 50 percent equity investment to Tideworks Technology Inc.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Maryland, B.S., Kinesiological Sciences, magna cum laude
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Corporate Law Ones to Watch, 2024; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2024
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2022