Kathryn Hesman is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office. Ms. Hesman focuses her practice on representing private equity, venture capital and search funds, independent sponsors and companies in evaluating, structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and investment transactions, including leveraged buyouts, stock and asset acquisitions and sales, growth equity investments, cross-border transactions, divestitures and recapitalizations.
Ms. Hesman provides corporate, governance and strategic advice to private equity fund clients, their portfolio companies and strategic acquirers, in all aspects of their transactions and corporate governance maintenance. She focuses her clients' attention in transactions on business-level issues while managing legal risk, and conducts streamlined processes aimed at business-driven goals and maintaining go-forward relationships between the parties in a transaction.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Hesman worked in the practices of law firms in Charlotte.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D., with honors
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, B.A., magna cum laude
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Minorities in the Profession Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Charlotte
- Legal Elite Young Guns, Business North Carolina, 2023