Leonie W. Huang is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Group. Ms. Huang practices in the areas of intellectual property and technology-driven litigation, as well as complex commercial litigation and business tort defense.
Ms. Huang's experience includes numerous patent litigations, as well as representing clients in trademark, copyright, licensing, and other contract disputes and related business tort litigation. She works with clients across a wide range of technologies, product areas and industries — ranging from pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and biotech to consumer-driven technologies, services, and goods.
Ms. Huang also assists clients with intellectual property strategies during research, product, and brand development. Her work includes potential patent infringement and other intellectual property analysis, as well as license and contract drafting.
Ms. Huang also has experience with shareholder disputes and in the defense of product liability in toxic tort claims. Ms. Huang focuses her pro bono work in the area of criminal defense and counseling pro bono clients on intellectual property matters.
Ms. Huang is an active member of the New York State Bar Association's Intellectual Property Law Section, where she serves as an executive committee member and recent program co-chair for the IP Section's 2020 Annual Meeting. She served as moderator of the diversity and inclusion panel, Dispelling the Diversity Myth and Overcoming Implicit Bias in Tech and IP, which focused on strategies for improving diversity and equity in the tech industry and addressing risks in data driven technologies.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Huang worked at the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts as a budget analyst for the federal courts. She served as an analyst and support staff to the Judicial Conference Budget Committee in the areas of Defender Services and Probation and Pretrial Services.
While attending law school, Ms. Huang was a notes and articles editor of the Fordham Law Review and a member of the Fordham Moot Court Board. Ms. Huang was awarded the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award for her work at the Fordham Law Criminal Defense Clinic. She also received the "Class of 1911" Award for the best essay submitted by a student in the graduating class on a legal subject designated by the Dean.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- American University, MPA
- Georgetown University, B.S., Honors Certificate in International Business Diplomacy
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- All State Courts in New Jersey
- All State Courts in New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Fellow, 2016-2017; Executive Committee Member, 2018-Present; Spring Meeting Co-Chair, 2019; Annual Meeting Co-Chair, 2019-Present
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section Fellow, 2016-2017