David S. Kahn
David S. Kahn is the former leader of the Real Estate Practice Group in the Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia offices of Holland & Knight. Mr. Kahn has practiced for more than 40 years in the areas of commercial real estate development and finance, and commercial leasing. During that time, he has participated in the structuring, documentation and closing of complex real estate transactions involving the development, financing, acquisition, sale and leasing of more than 35 million square feet of office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, warehouses and mixed-use projects.
Mr. Kahn represents many of the largest and most active developers and owners of commercial real estate in the Washington, D.C. area, including numerous life insurance companies, national real estate developers, foreign and domestic real estate investment trust (REITs), pension funds and other institutional real estate investors. Prior to joining Holland & Knight in 1994, Mr. Kahn practiced law in the Washington, D.C. offices of two prominent law firms. In addition, Mr. Kahn served as a law clerk to the Honorable John F. Doyle of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia in 1976-1977.
Mr. Kahn has been named as a "best lawyer" in numerous legal publications during the last 15 years, including Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America and The Legal 500.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with highest honors
- Cornell University, A.B., with distinction in all subjects
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2006-2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate, 2007-2020
- Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2016
- Best Lawyer, Washingtonian Magazine, Real Estate, 2013-2015; 2017, 2018
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate Finance and Leasing, 2010
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, May 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Order of the Coif