Gary Klubok is a Miami lawyer and member of Holland & Knight's Litigation Section, White Collar Defense and Investigations Team, and Consumer Protection Defense and Compliance Team. Mr. Klubok, who studied abroad at La Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, is trilingual and uses Spanish and Portuguese to help clients throughout Latin America.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
As a certified anti-money laundering specialist (CAMS), Mr. Klubok works on money laundering, corruption, bribery, compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), extradition and forfeiture matters, in addition to representing financial institutions in Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act anti-money laundering (AML) matters. He has also helped advise Fortune 500 boards of directors on compliance. Mr. Klubok has always been interested in white collar and investigations work, having received the top grade and CALI Excellence for the Future Award in his International Anti-Corruption Law class during law school.
Advertising and Marketing Compliance
Mr. Klubok helps corporations set up sweepstakes and contests in accordance with applicable laws. Additionally, he assists on matters relating to unfair or deceptive business practices, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Federal Trade Commission Act, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Consumer Protection Act and Federal Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Mr. Klubok works with companies and individuals to resolve commercial disputes, especially litigation relating to fraud, corruption or bribery. Additionally, he has worked on contractual and intellectual property matters.
During law school, Mr. Klubok interned for the Honorable John D. Couriel of the Florida Supreme Court, as part of the Court's Internship Program for Distinguished Florida Law Students. He also interned for the Honorable Jose E. Martinez of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, M.S., Protection Management, emphasis in Emergency Management
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, B.S., Security Management, with honors
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Professionals (ACAMS)
- ASIS International, Preeminent Organization for Security Professionals
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Anti-Corruption Law and Practice, University of Miami School of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Communication and Research II, University of Miami School of Law
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement Award in Civil Procedure I, University of Miami Law School of Law