Tammy L. Knight is a partner in Holland & Knight's Fort Lauderdale office. She practices in the areas of corporate, securities and franchise law. Ms. Knight is experienced in a wide range of corporate and securities matters with an emphasis on advising clients in public offerings, private placements, M&A transactions, periodic reporting and compliance matters, and proxy contests. Her experience also includes advising boards of directors and their committees on disclosure, governance and compliance matters arising out of Securities and Exchange Commission regulations, stock exchange rules and corporate laws.
Ms. Knight also represents franchisors in a broad range of legal services, including organizing and structuring franchise and other distribution programs, negotiating and preparing franchise agreements, representing franchisors in compliance with franchise disclosure and registration law, including preparation of franchise disclosure documents, registering, amending and renewing franchises with state authorities; mergers and acquisitions; preventing and resolving franchise disputes; assisting in franchise termination and renewal issues; and handling various other related corporate and business matters.
Ms. Knight serves as a member of the firm's Directors Committee and is one of three partners leading the firm's Industry Sector Initiative. This initiative brings together lawyers and senior professionals from a broad range of practice areas all of whom have an expertise focused on a common industry. Through this initiative Holland & Knight is increasing the collaboration of its lawyers to enhance its representation of clients in strategic industries, and to bring cost-effective solutions to client issues. Ms. Knight is also one of two billing and collections partners for the entire Business Section of the firm. In addition, she is a member of the firm's Diversity Counsel, and a graduate of the Rising Star program, an intensive year-long leadership program sponsored by the Women's Initiative.
- Represented Global Nephrology Solutions (GNS), one of the nation's leading physician-led nephrology organizations, in connection with its strategic investment from Audax Private Equity (Audax)
- Represented Interval Leisure Group, a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the timeshare industry, in the execution of an equity interest purchase agreement for the acquisition of Hyatt Residential Group's timeshare business for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $225 million. The hospitality deal also included an interest in developing a 131-unit vacation ownership property in Maui.
- Represented Interval Leisure Group in a $350 million senior note offering
- Represented KEYW Holding Corporation, a Maryland-based company that provides cyber superiority, cybersecurity and geospatial intelligence solutions for U.S. Government intelligence and defense customers and commercial enterprises, in a $149.5 million convertible senior note offering
- Represented Resolve Marine Group,a leading Fort Lauderdale-based marine services organization that provides salvage, emergency response, training, naval architecture, marine engineering and other services to the global maritime industry, in its acquisition of Magone Marine Services in Alaska
- Represented Fort Lauderdale-based company, Grand Western Brands, Inc. in its sale to Cheney Brothers, a leading food distributor in the Southeast
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Directors Committee, 2013-2019
- Billing and Collections partner for the Business section, 2015-2019
- Holland & Knight Industry Sector Initiative Leader, 2017-2019
- Holland & Knight Women's Initiative, National Chair, 2009-2017
- Top Lawyer: Corporate Law, Fort Lauderdale Illustrated, 2020
- Top USA Women Dealmaker Awards, Legal Advisory, Nominee-Winners, 2019
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All Star, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2013-2021; Mergers & Acquisitions, 2020, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Fort Lauderdale Mergers & Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Top Dealmaker Award, Hotel, Daily Business Review, 2015
- South Florida Most Influential Business Women, South Florida Business Journal, 2012
- Top Dealmaker Award Finalist, Daily Business Review, 2007
- Florida Legal Elite Up & Coming, Florida Trend magazine, 2007
- Most Effective Lawyer, Daily Business Review, 2006
- Rising Star, Holland & Knight, 2005
- Nova Law Review, Executive Editor, 1997-1998
- Moot Court Honor Society, 1996-1998