Ryan Kocse is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office. Mr. Kocse focuses on complex commercial disputes.
Mr. Kocse has a wide range of experience in commercial litigation matters and has experience representing clients from various industries, including private equity firms, insurance companies, healthcare companies and financial institutions.
Mr. Kocse's significant cases include:
- representing a hedge fund and private equity firm in obtaining summary judgment as plaintiffs in litigation in New York Supreme Court asserting claims for breach of contract and damages exceeding $325 million arising from the sale of a renewable energy platform
- representing a major pharmaceutical company in defeating putative nationwide class of third-party payers alleging violations of federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) statutes through fraudulent promotion of antidepressants
- representing a private equity firm, its subsidiary and board of directors in a derivative action brought by subsidiary's franchise dealers in New York Supreme Court, alleging fraudulent conveyances and breach of fiduciary duty
- representing a technology company before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in a dispute involving stock options
- representing technology and retail companies in automobile and premises liability litigation
- representing a pro bono client serving life sentence for low-level drug offense in achieving clemency, and an immigrant previously banned for life from returning to United States in successfully reopening removal proceedings
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Kocse was a litigation attorney at an international law firm based in New York.
While in law school, Mr. Kocse served as an executive editor of the Annual Review of Criminal Procedure (ARCP), published by the Georgetown Law Journal.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Economics, with highest distinction
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Order of the Coif
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Dean's List, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012–2015
- Public Interest Fellow, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012–2015
- Pro Bono Pledge Honoree, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Decedents' Estates, Georgetown University Law Center, 2014
- Peer Advisor, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013–2015
- Best Legal Research and Writing Exam, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013
- Student Marshal, Pennsylvania State University Smeal College of Business, Economics Department, 2012
- Dean's List, Pennsylvania State University, 2008–2012
- Student Leader Scholarship, Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- Dean's Scholarship, Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- Division of Undergraduate Studies Award, Pennsylvania State University, 2010