Jessica Kramer is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Ms. Kramer's practice focuses on assisting individuals and businesses with contract disputes, class action lawsuits, appeals and other complex litigation. Ms. Kramer also advises clients about data privacy-related issues, including responses to data breaches and updates to customer-facing privacy policies and other terms.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Kramer served as a federal law clerk for two years to the Honorable James S. Moody Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. As a law clerk, Ms. Kramer's responsibilities included intensive analysis and application of various federal and state laws for cases involving alleged breaches of contract, class actions, employment discrimination and many other claims.
At Holland & Knight, Ms. Kramer has achieved high levels of success for clients, including the following:
- drafted and argued motions for summary judgment, which resulted in a Florida state court granting summary judgment in client's favor for a nearly $7 million breach of contract claim
- drafted and successfully presented argument on a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment
- assisted with briefing resulting in both a partial summary judgment in favor of a governmental entity related to environmental remediation and a favorable ruling on related attorneys' fees issues
- successfully sought partial relief for clients involving issues related to whether a court or an arbitrator could determine whether parties to a contract agreed to international arbitration
Ms. Kramer has competed in national advocacy competitions and won several awards for brief-writing and oral argument. As a member of the Florida Moot Court Team at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, she competed at the 2016 John J. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition. Ms. Kramer and her teammate placed first at the competition out of 43 other law schools and Ms. Kramer was awarded best final round oralist. Ms. Kramer and her teammate also placed first at the 29th Annual Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Final Four competition, and Ms. Kramer was awarded best brief, best oralist, and best overall competitor.
Ms. Kramer is passionate about community service and pro bono work. She currently serves on the Hillsborough Education Foundation's Governance Committee and mentors a local high school student through the Hillsborough Education Foundation's Take Stock in Children Program. In 2020 and 2021, Ms. Kramer helped coordinate the 9/11 National Day of Service for Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Each year, Ms. Kramer volunteers to coach law students preparing for upcoming moot court competitions across the country. Ms. Kramer currently assists the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division's Pro Bono Committee with pro bono training events and recruitment of volunteer lawyers. She is also an active member of The Florida Bar's Appellate Practice Section's Pro Bono Committee.
In 2017, Ms. Kramer founded the University of Florida Levin College of Law's Bar Prep Mentoring Program, which provides support to University of Florida law school graduates studying for the Florida Bar examination. She also mentors law students from outside Florida through Holland & Knight's 1L Mentoring Program. In law school, Ms. Kramer received the Helen Gibel Blechman Memorial Award for earning the most community service hours in her graduating class.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.S., Journalism and Psychology, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 2021-Present
- Appellate Practice Section, Pro Bono Committee
- Appellate Practice Section, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Law Related Education Committee, 2021-2022
- Federal Bar Association
- Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Litigation American Inn of Court
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors, Ex-Officio, 2021-Present
- Young Lawyers Division, Pro Bono Committee
- Hillsborough Education Foundation, Governance Committee
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL)
- Florida Blue Key, President, 2016; Vice President of Membership, 2015-2016
- Florida Moot Court Team, Executive Board Member, 2015-2016
- Frank J. Maturo, Jr. Outstanding Alumni Award, Florida Blue Key, 2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- University of Florida Hall of Fame Inductee
- The Order of Barristers
- William C. Gaither Award, Most Outstanding Moot Court Team Member, 2016
- Girl Scout Gold Award