Marie Larsen is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and practices a broad range of general commercial disputes, as well as transportation and maritime matters.
Ms. Larsen’s diverse litigation practice includes representation of clients in commercial disputes, including breach of contract, business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, indemnification and contribution and cases involving the Uniform Commercial Code. Ms. Larsen practices regularly in federal court as well as in the New York Commercial Division.
In addition, Ms. Larsen's maritime-related experience includes a broad range of domestic and international maritime issues, including Rule B attachment and Rule C arrest proceedings; international and domestic judgment enforcement and asset discovery; maritime bankruptcy and cross-border insolvency; maritime contracts and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Ms. Larsen has substantial experience in foreign country judgment recognition and enforcement, including the use of various U.S. procedures for asset discovery, restraint and execution, including 28 U.S.C. § 1782 and state procedures. She has also successfully litigated complex alter ego liability issues and the clawback of fraudulent transfer of assets.
Ms. Larsen has developed extensive experience in a wide range of issues relating to U.S. maritime liens. In the past several years, Ms. Larsen successfully advised more than 20 vessel owners and charterers in connection with the bankruptcy of O.W. Bunker & Trading A/S and its worldwide affiliates. Ms. Larsen's work included protecting and defending owners' and charterers' vessels from arrest and attachment in the United States and against competing maritime lien and attachment claims.
Ms. Larsen also has experience in matters pending before the courts of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York
- All State Courts in New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association
- Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA)
- The Legal 500 USA, Transport: Shipping - Litigation and Regulation, 2021
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2017-2020