Yoojin Lee is a financial services attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. Ms. Lee focuses her practice on representing financial institutions across a wide array of industries in domestic and international secured lending transactions, with an emphasis on asset-based lending.
Ms. Lee's knowledge and experience includes representing lenders in syndicated credit facilities, acquisition financing, debtor-in-possession (DIP) financings and exit financings. She routinely advises clients on structuring and documenting cross-border credit facilities involving borrowers in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Lee was an attorney at a national law firm in its Los Angeles office. Previously, she practiced law in Seoul, South Korea, where she gained experience in cross-border mergers and acquisition (M&A) transactions and project financing transactions, as in-house counsel at a South Korean conglomerate and as a U.S. Foreign Lawyer at a South Korean law firm.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Lee volunteers with Kids In Need of Defense (KIND), where she provides pro bono representation of minors in their immigration proceedings. Ms. Lee also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, where she enjoys teaching legal writing.
- Represented an agent bank in a $300 million secured credit facility to a fitness equipment distributor, which included the negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with an asset-based term loan provider
- Represented an agent bank in a $85 million senior secured asset-based credit facility extended in connection with a sponsor acquisition of a chemicals manufacturer and distributor, which included the negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with a secured term loan provider
- Represented an agent bank in a $200 million secured credit facility to an equipment rental company providing filmmaking equipment to major studios, which included lending to international borrowers in Canada, the United Kingdom (U.K.) and Australia
- Represented an agent bank in a $1.6 billion multicurrency asset-based credit facility to an international toy manufacturer and distributor, which included lending to international borrowers in the U.K., Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, Spain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Singapore
- Represented an agent bank in a $120 million multicurrency asset-based credit facility to a superconductor manufacturer located in Singapore
- UCLA School of Law, J.D.
- UCLA, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Women in Secured Finance, The Secured Lender, 2022
- Leaders of Influence: Minority Attorneys, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2022
- 40 Under 40, The Secured Finance Network (SFNet), 2021
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program, 2019