Jack A. Levine is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. His areas of practice include business and tax planning, and structuring of corporate acquisitions and reorganizations, partnerships, limited liability companies, syndications and joint ventures. Mr. Levine also practices in the tax controversy area, the utilities taxation area, and in several other tax and tax-related areas. Mr. Levine is Board Certified in Tax Law by The Florida Bar.
From 1977 to 1981, Mr. Levine worked in the National Office of the Internal Revenue Service in Washington, D.C., as a tax attorney in the Legislation and Regulations Division of the Office of Chief Counsel. While there, he drafted numerous regulations dealing with corporate reorganizations and other corporate tax matters and served on the task force that drafted the Bankruptcy Tax Act of 1981.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, LL.M., Taxation
- Binghamton University, B.A., with honors
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, former member of the Executive Council
- Former Co-Chair of the Florida Bar Tax Section Corporations and Tax-Exempt Organizations Committee
- Former Chair of the Florida Bar Tax Section Partnerships Committee
- Former Chair of the Florida Bar Tax Section Regulated Public Utilities Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Tax Law, 2001-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2020
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, July 2009
- Who's Who In America
- Who's Who in American Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated