Emily R. McWey
Emily McWey is a Jacksonville attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. McWey focuses her practice on a variety of litigation matters in state and federal court, including matters involving business torts, antitrust, health insurance and contract disputes. She also assists with trusts and estates matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. McWey served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Heidi M. Pasichow of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. She assisted with various civil cases, including federal and state law matters involving contract, regulatory and tort disputes.
During law school, Ms. McWey served as a student attorney handling housing-related matters, and was an editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy. She also tutored first-year students in torts, property and contracts, and served as a summer associate in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office.
Before law school, Ms. McWey served as an honors colloquium leader, and earned a Leadership Certificate from Florida State's Center for Leadership and Social Change.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S., Political Science and Editing, Writing and Media, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Breonna Taylor Award, Georgetown Law Journal, 2022
- Exceptional Pro Bono Distinction, Georgetown University Law Center, 2021