Viola Rose Mercer is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, and a member of the Real Estate Capital Markets Group. Ms. Mercer's practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and finance matters, including loan originations within commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Mercer was a transactional paralegal for a variety of companies, including an elite global law firm, a privately owned real estate investment and development firm, and the world's largest green gathering nonprofit.
While in law school, she served as a community engagement partner liaison with a nonprofit dedicated to empowering families to feed themselves through cultivating community gardens and preparing meals. In this role, Ms. Mercer coordinated law student volunteers for dig-in-the-dirt workdays and produce distribution to neighbors.
Before entering law school, Ms. Mercer held various leadership roles with a number of environmental nonprofit organizations.
In the community, Ms. Mercer volunteers as an intern tutor for a nonprofit focused on helping at-risk youth through a restaurant internship program considered the new model for juvenile justice.
- University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Arlington, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, 2023-Present; Juvenile Law Section, 2023-Present; Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, 2020-Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice Committee, 2021-Present
- Sponsored Intern, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 6 Office of Regional Counsel, State Bar of Texas, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, 2021
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Transactional and Business Topics, University of North Texas Dallas College of Law, 2021
- Co-Winner, Environmental Law Scholarship, Dallas Bar Association, 2021
- Pupil Invitee, The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court, 2021-2022
- Pi Sigma Alpha