Mike Miller is a private equity attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office. Mr. Miller is a co-head of both Holland & Knight's Independent Sponsor and Search Funds teams. He focuses his practice on representing domestic and international private equity, venture capital and search funds, independent sponsors and companies in evaluating, structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and investment transactions, including leveraged buyouts, co-investments, stock and asset acquisitions and sales, secondary fund interest transfers, growth equity investments, divestitures and recapitalizations.
Mr. Miller has substantial experience providing innovative advice to independent sponsors, search funds, and traditional and self-funded searchers in all aspects of their transactions, including equity structuring and transaction execution. He has authored several articles and lectured on these topics.
In addition, Mr. Miller has extensive experience representing and counseling public, private and emerging companies in corporate governance and operational strategic and legal matters.
Mr. Miller delivers value-added counsel to his clients by combining his substantive experience with a responsive, client service-focused practice. He offers practical and pragmatic advice that leverages his market knowledge and creativity to help clients drive transaction execution while effectively managing risk.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Miller worked in the international practices of law firms in Charlotte and New York City.
- Represented Watsco, Inc. (NYSE: WSO), the largest distributor of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment and related parts and supplies (HVAC/R) in the HVAC/R distribution industry, in its acquisition of Gateway Supply Company, Inc., a family-owned distributor of plumbing and HVAC products
- Represented CanSource, a Colorado-based custom packaging solutions provider and a portfolio company of Broadtree Partners, in its sale to TricorBraun, a global packaging leader offering custom design and stock packaging solutions
- Represented Broadtree Partners, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Joint Research and Development (JRAD), a leading provider of test and evaluation services, total life cycle acquisition support, medical and public health preparedness, and science and technology research and development to government customers
- Advised Broadtree Partners in its acquisition of Triage Partners, a Tampa, Florida-based technology-enabled software and service provider to the telecom and reverse logistics industries
- Represented a California-based independent sponsor in its investment in a leading alternative energy system provider in California
- Represented Broadtree Partners and its portfolio company in the acquisition of a digital marketing agency in Arizona
- Represented Broadtree Partners and its portfolio company in the cross-border acquisition of a Philippines-based provider of digital marketing solutions to agencies worldwide
- Represented the portfolio company of a private equity fund in its $167 million carve-out acquisition of a lifestyle media and merchandising company from a publicly traded fashion brand holding company
- Represented a private equity fund focused on the industrial, infrastructure and business services sectors in numerous platform and bolt-on acquisitions and divestitures
- Represented a private equity fund focused on the infrastructure sector in multiple growth equity, bolt-on and acquisition transactions
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with honors
- New York
- North Carolina
- University of Michigan Alumni Club of Charlotte, Board Member, 2015-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2024