Jaime Israel Moreno Treviño is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Monterrey office. Mr. Moreno focuses his practice on a variety of corporate and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. He has advised national and foreign clients in corporate matters, M&A, general financing, joint ventures, due diligence, business structuring, divestitures, sales, spinoffs, dissolution, company liquidation and real estate transactions.
Mr. Moreno represents several clients in the development of their activities and projects in several industry sectors such as automotive, industrial real estate, chemical food products, banking and finance.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Moreno worked for a leading Mexican law firm.
- Advised on the corporate restructuring of a hotel and residential and touristic real estate development company
- Legally assisted in the acquisition of assets for one of the oldest companies in the foundry, piping and steel industry
- Advised several Canadian banks in the creation of multiple security instruments to secure the performance of the obligations of certain borrowers under syndicated loan agreements
- Advised a Mexican company in the pawn shops sector in the cross-border merger with other national and foreign companies
- Participated in the debt refinancing process for an automotive company
- Advised a foundation, which provides assistance for meeting the basic requirements for food, clothing and housing for children in poverty and abandonment situations
- Advised an international corporate group in the corporate regularization and restructure of the companies, which have with more than 60 years of history
- Participated in the corporate restructuring of an industrial and commercial packaging company
- Participated in the restructuring of securities under a syndicated credit granted by an automotive company
- Legally supported a chemical food company in the preparation of work contracts and agreements for the acquisition of machinery and equipment for the expansion of its industrial facilities
- Participated in the legal due diligence and restructuring of real estate management trusts for a timeshare company
- Coordinated the request for and obtaining of tax incentives for research and development projects of a leading aeronautical company in connection with the establishment of its technological research center in Mexico
- Advised a joint venture company on the sale of an industrial real estate portfolio with a value of more than $450 million; this is considered to be the largest real estate transaction in Latin America
- Participated in the financial reorganization process for a public U.S. company with operations in Mexico under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, as well as in the transition for the approval of its reorganization plan
- Universidad de Monterrey, J.D.
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Recommended Lawyers, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Tax Law, 2023, 2024