Emily Q. Nguyen is a tax attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Ms. Nguyen focuses her practice on federal income taxation issues related to domestic and international transactions of private equity and hedge funds, as well as other investment partnerships, joint ventures, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and operating businesses.
During law school, Ms. Nguyen was a student-attorney in the SMU Federal Tax Clinic, and was active in the SMU Law Review Association, Corporate Law Association (CLA) and the Tax Society. She was also a teaching assistant in the Legal Research, Writing and Advocacy department.
Prior to law school, Ms. Nguyen worked at a Big Four accounting firm, where she gained experience in state and local taxation issues, specifically for clients in the financial services industry, as well as private wealth services. Ms. Nguyen also is a certified public accountant.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Southern Methodist University, M.S., Accounting, with Tax Concentration
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., Accounting, summa cum laude
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Order of the Coif
- Scholarship Recipient, State Bar of Texas, Tax Section, 2021