Daniel A. Noste
Daniel "Danny" Noste is a financial services and corporate transactions attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office, where he is a member of the Financial Services Team and focuses his practice on a wide range of financial service and business transaction-related matters.
Mr. Noste advises domestic and foreign corporations and financial institutions (including banks, broker-dealers and investment managers) on regulatory, transactional and corporate matters, including advising on U.S. federal and state banking and securities laws and regulations such as the rules and regulations of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Reserve Board, among others. In addition, Mr. Noste also regularly counsels and represents clients on issues related to anti-money laundering (AML)/counter terrorist financing (CFT) rules and regulations, including those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 (AML Act) and the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Noste served as an associate general counsel for the U.S. banking subsidiary of a leading global financial institution, where he focused his practice on international banking, including advising on credit and secured transactions, and banking and securities regulation, among other areas.
More recently, Mr. Noste served as the America's regional general counsel and head of regulatory compliance for a global Swiss private banking and wealth management institution, where he was responsible for overseeing the legal and regulatory functions for the group's U.S., Caribbean, and Central and South American operations. In this role, he was a member of the regional executive management team and provided legal, regulatory and strategic guidance to senior management and the boards of directors of various regulated entities across the region.
While in law school, Mr. Noste served as the editor-in-chief of the N.Y. Real Property Law Journal, and as a co-president of the school's Corporate and Securities Law Society. During this time, Mr. Noste also maintained an internship with the FINRA's Department of Market Regulation – Legal Section in New York City.
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, Warrington College of Business Administration, B.S., Finance, with honors
- New York
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), 2021-Present
- Belen Alumni Lawyers Section, 2014-Present
- South Florida's 40 under 40 Outstanding Young Professionals, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2021
- Dean's Award: Excellence in Broker-Dealer Regulation, St. John's University School of Law, 2012
- Dean's Award: Excellence in Business Organization, St. John's University School of Law, 2011
- Dean's Award: Excellence in Bankruptcy Clinic, St. John's University School of Law, 2011