Manuel José Ocampo Hernández is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office, where he focuses his practice on mining, administrative and environmental law.
Mr. Ocampo has significant experience working as legal adviser to mining companies and other companies in the mining sector, as well as accompanying mining owners and small-scale miners in mining formalization processes. In addition, Mr. Ocampo has experience in advising companies on labor and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Ocampo was an associate for a boutique law firm in Bogotá that focused on advisory services in the mining and energy sector.
- Participated on the legal team appointed to update the mining law in the Dominican Republic
- Provided legal representation of mining owners in mining administrative protection proceedings
- Trained different state entities in matters of mining regulation and in mining formalization and legalization procedures
- Advised mining owners in mining formalization processes, achieving the objective of all parties involved in mining formalization: mining owners, authorities and small-scale miners
- Advised mining owners in all of their contractual structure, from operation contracts to cession negotiations
- Provided legal representation in administrative proceedings in front of mining authorities
- Advised people and companies in environmental sanctioning procedures
- Advised different small hydroelectric stations in their relationship with the authorities
- Participated in public hearings during environmental licensing procedures for mining and energy projects
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Specialization, Mining and Energy Law
- Universidad del Rosario, Specialization, Administrative Law
- Universidad de Medellín, J.D.
- Latin-American Network of Mining Law (REDMIN), 2020-Present