Alexander Olama is a tax attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office, where he focuses his practice on domestic and international tax planning for individuals and tax controversy representation.
Mr. Olama is well-versed in offshore tax compliance, including providing advice with respect to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP), IRS Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR), expatriation planning and tax treaty issues.
In addition, Mr. Olama has experience handling IRS whistleblower appeals in U.S. Tax Court, tax collection suits in federal district court and negotiations through the IRS appeals process. Mr. Olama also advises and guides clients through IRS examinations and audits.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Olama was a tax attorney for a boutique international tax law firm.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- University of Central Florida, B.S.B.A., Finance, magna cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A., History, cum laude
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, Tax Section, Business Law Section, International Law Section
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2020, 2021