Alexander Olama is a tax attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office, where he focuses his practice on domestic and international tax planning for individuals, and tax controversy and litigation representation.
Mr. Olama is well versed in offshore tax compliance, including providing advice with respect to the IRS voluntary disclosure programs, IRS Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR), expatriation planning and tax treaty issues.
In addition, Mr. Olama has extensive tax controversy experience, including handling tax deficiency cases and whistleblower appeals in the U.S. Tax Court, tax collection suits in federal district court and negotiations through the IRS appeals process. He also advises and guides clients through IRS examinations and audits.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Olama was a tax attorney for a boutique international tax law firm.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- University of Central Florida, B.S.B.A., Finance, magna cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A., History, cum laude
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, Tax Section, Business Law Section, International Law Section
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2020-2023
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021