Jackson Oliver is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where he focuses his practice on federal, state and local taxation matters.
Mr. Oliver advises public and private corporations, partnerships, individuals and nonprofit organizations on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings, restructurings and joint venture transactions, as well as all other aspects of transactional tax and tax planning matters. Mr. Oliver's experience also includes representing taxpayers in Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits, appeals and federal income tax litigation.
- Represented M/C Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm, in a significant growth investment in celito, a communications and managed services provider based in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Advised a leading global producer of specialty chemicals for water-intensive industries on its acquisition of a specialty chemical manufacturer
- Advised a private equity sponsor on the tax aspects of the $1.6 billion sale of a midstream company's equity investment
- Advised large business taxpayers in IRS audits and appeals involving oil and gas and energy tax issues, partnership tax issues, and tax litigation and procedural issues, including statutes of limitations, penalties and interest
- Advised various private equity sponsors and portfolio companies in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas assets
- Advised various investment funds and management companies on the tax aspects of wind energy and utility-scale solar projects
- Advised a foreign company on a $300 million acquisition of a U.S. retail fuel station and travel center business
- Advised a global asset management firm on a variety of international tax matters, including the tax-free restructuring of its European operations to increase the availability of foreign tax credits
- Advised a residential construction supplies and home furnishings business in the corporate separation of business segments in a tax-free spin-off
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A., Accounting
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Tax Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All Star, 2021
- Dean's Achievement Award, International Tax, The University of Texas School of Law, 2017