Christin Decker Petroski is an Orlando transactional attorney who focuses her practice on New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) transactions and general corporate transactions, including acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations. Ms. Petroski was selected as a 2016 Holland & Knight Rising Star, an intensive program of leadership, management and professional skills development for female attorneys.
Ms. Petroski represents institutional investors, community development entities, developers, lenders and borrowers on using New Market Tax Credits to finance economic development. She has represented clients in a wide array of NMTC projects across the country, including the development of charter schools, various types of medical facilities, museums, college and university facilities, as well as manufacturing and production facilities.
Ms. Petroski has frequently represented a variety of businesses as buyers and sellers in acquisitions, and assists clients in general corporation, partnership and limited liability company matters, including negotiating and drafting various agreements.
In addition, Ms. Petroski represents nonprofit entities with respect to various tax and corporate matters. Her experience includes forming nonprofit entities and assisting those entities with respect to obtaining tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Ms. Petroski has also assisted nonprofit organizations in navigating Florida Sunshine Law issues.
Prior to practicing law, Ms. Petroski worked with the Global Information Technology Recruitment Team for FedEx Services, where she coordinated and streamlined immigration processes and received the Apex Award for Professional Excellence.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S., Psychology, magna cum laude
- Orlando Sports Foundation Inc. (Cure Bowl), Advisory Board
- Inforum – A Professional Women's Alliance, Vice Chairwoman, Great Lakes Bay Regional Council, 2014-2015
- Saginaw Valley State University, Stevens Center for Family Business Executive Council, 2014-2015
- Downtown Development Authority for the City of Midland, Michigan, 2015
- Children's Home Society, Central Florida Division, Secretary, 2012-2013; Board of Directors, 2008-2013
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan
- Florida State University Marching Chiefs, Former Member and Section Leader
- University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Former Bylaws Chair
- Leadership Orlando, Graduate, Class 54
- SmARTBoard, United Arts of Central Florida, Graduate
- Awesome Attorneys, Nonprofit/Charities Law, Orlando Family Magazine, 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Rising Star, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa, Florida State University