Lauren Caverly Pratt is an intellectual property (IP) and registered patent attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Ms. Pratt focuses her practice on patent and trademark prosecution and enforcement matters, as well as data privacy, brand protection and software licensing matters.
Ms. Pratt helps healthcare providers, manufacturers and other clients across a wide range of industries protect their valuable IP and digital assets. She assists clients in navigating the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) prosecution processes to obtain patent grants and trademark registrations, and further helps clients in protecting and enforcing their rights in patents, trademarks and copyrights. Ms. Pratt's practice also involves international enforcement of clients' IP rights, including representation of clients in Unform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) arbitration proceedings before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the National Arbitration Forum.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Pratt gained experience working in various technical and product roles, frequently collaborating with software engineers, data engineers and data scientists to manage projects involving GDPR compliance, cloud optimization and data security. In her current legal practice, she draws insights from these experiences, as well as her undergraduate study of engineering, mathematics and computer science, to help solve clients' legal issues in an increasingly digital age.
- Belmont University College of Law, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, B.S., Engineering Science, Mathematics
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Nashville Bar Association, 2022-Present
- Tennessee Bar Association, 2022-Present
- Belmont Health Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 2020-2022
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar, Vanderbilt University, 2014-2018