Stephanie L. Rainaud
Stephanie L. Rainaud is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Rainaud has experience in a wide range of real estate transactions, such as the purchase, sale and financing of commercial and residential properties. Her practice also includes the representation of developers in the development of mixed-use properties, new construction and the conversion of vacant and occupied buildings to condominium ownership.
During law school, Ms. Rainaud was the executive articles and symposium editor for the Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development. She was also active in the Dispute Resolution Society, where she competed in international mediation competitions, including the International Academy of Dispute Resolution Law School Mediation Tournament in Dublin, Ireland (first place advocate/client team) and the International Chamber of Commerce International Commercial Mediation Competition in Paris, France. Prior to law school, Ms. Rainaud worked as a paralegal at another international law firm.
- representing the sponsors of new construction and rehabilitated condominiums in residential condominium unit contract negotiations and closings, including the Oosten Condominium, 11 Beach Street Condominium, 212 Fifth Avenue Condominium, 200 E 62 Condominium and Halcyon Condominium
- representing the sponsors of mixed-use, new construction and gut-rehabilitated buildings into condominium regime in New York City, including 565 Broome Soho Condominium, The Getty Condominium, The Bryant and 76 Eleventh Avenue Condominium
- representing the sponsor of conversion-to-condominium ownership of Austin Nichols Condominium, 275 West 10th Street Condominium and the Belnord Condominium
- representing the owner of a low-income rental building converted into an affordable cooperative apartment corporation
- represented the owners of several commercial properties in converting to condominium ownership, including the 1460 Broadway Condominium, 214 West 39th Condominium and the Granite Queens Plaza Condominium
- representing developers in various matters before the New York Attorney General Office, including no action letter applications for the creation of de facto condominiums
- representing the developer of the 565 Broome Soho Condominium in the acquisition of property annexed from an adjacent condominium
- representing high-net-worth individuals in the purchase and sale of residential real estate
- representing condominium and cooperative board in matters concerning the operation of the property
- represented tenants in office space lease negotiations
- represented owners reconciling property tax bills with the New York City Department of Finance
- representing cooperative corporations in connection with lease transfers and management of the corporation
- represented companies in analyzing real estate holdings in connection with corporate mergers and acquisitions
- representing lenders in analyzing and making construction loans to condominium developments
- representing the owners of commercial condominium units in governing document negotiations with lenders
- represented borrowers in the refinancing of multiple New York City hotels
- represented the borrower in the refinancing of a privately owned dormitory
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
- Mount Holyoke College, B.A.
- New York
- Mattone Family Institute for Real Estate Law, Emerging Leaders Committee of the Advisory Board
- Mount Holyoke Club of New York City, Secretary, 2015-2016
- Mount Holyoke College Class of 2010, Co-Communications Director
- St. John's University School of Law Dean's Award for Excellence in Drafting: Real Estate Transactions