Meg Raker is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C. office, where she focuses on a variety of complex commercial real estate transactions including dispositions and acquisitions, real estate finance, joint ventures and leasing. Ms. Raker also represents clients in commercial finance involving acquisition, construction, permanent loans and refinancing.
Ms. Raker represents clients, locally and nationally, on a wide range of transactions, from acquisitions and sales of commercial properties to financing and development. Her clients include developers, owners and operators, real estate funds and REITs and lenders.
In addition, Ms. Raker has a significant background in negotiating and drafting commercial leases, representing owners and developers of office, retail and mixed-use buildings, shopping centers and new retail developments.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Raker worked for a full-service law firm where she focused on real estate transactions, bankruptcy, creditors' rights and real estate-related litigation
- Representing developer in the retail leasing of a mixed-use residential and retail development in Chevy Chase, Maryland, including the anchor grocer, bank and pharmacy, in addition to boutique retail tenants
- Represented an opportunity zone fund in the acquisition of multifamily-family development in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a foreign fund in the acquisition of retail shopping center in Virginia
- Representing owner in leasing newly developed trophy-class office building, with leases ranging from 5,000 square feet to multi-floor more than 40,000 square feet
- Representing landlord in retail leasing of newly developed mixed-used project in Chicago
- Represent real estate fund in the financing, joint venture structure, and acquisition of various types of properties from multi-family developments, shopping centers, senior living facilities and office development
- Represented administrative agent in secured credit facility which included both acquisition and refinancing transaction involving more than 100 gas station and convenience store properties
- Represented developer in acquisition of site for development of multifamily apartments as part of a mixed-use development in Charlottesville, Virginia
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Syracuse University, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Young Leaders Group, Real Estate 101 Committee, 2018-2019
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Young Leadership Board, 2018-2019
- Best Buddies of Maryland, Advisory Board Member, 2018-2019
- Maryland Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Rising Star, Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers magazine, 2022
- The William P. Cunningham Award, University of Maryland School of Law
- Leadership Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Law
- Order of the Coif