Meg Raker is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office, where she focuses on a variety of commercial real estate transactions.
Ms. Raker represents clients, locally and nationally, on a wide range of transactions, from acquisitions and sales of commercial properties to financing and development. Her representation includes drafting and negotiating purchase agreements, organizational entity documents, commercial contracts and the related diligence, title and survey review, and conveyance documents. She also represents clients in commercial finance involving acquisition, construction, and permanent loans and refinancings.
In addition, Ms. Raker has a significant background in negotiating and drafting commercial leases, representing owners and developers of office, retail and mixed-use buildings, shopping centers and new retail developments.
Recent examples of Ms. Raker's representation include:
- representing a developer and landlord in the retail leasing of a residential and retail mixed-use development in Chevy Chase, Maryland
- representing an opportunity zone fund in the acquisition of multifamily-family development
- representing a foreign fund in the acquisition of retail shopping center
- representing a landlord in leasing newly developed office building
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Raker worked for a full-service law firm where she focused on real estate transactions, bankruptcy, creditors' rights and real estate-related litigation. She also has served as outside counsel to a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the hospitality industry, providing litigation support and advice.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Syracuse University, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Young Leaders Group, Real Estate 101 Committee, 2018-2019
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Young Leadership Board, 2018-2019
- Best Buddies of Maryland, Advisory Board Member, 2018-2019
- Maryland Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- The William P. Cunningham Award, University of Maryland School of Law
- Leadership Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Law
- Order of the Coif