Meg Raker is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office, where she focuses on a variety of complex commercial real estate transactions, including dispositions and acquisitions, real estate finance, joint ventures and leasing. Ms. Raker also represents clients in commercial finance involving acquisition, construction, permanent loans and refinancing.
Ms. Raker represents clients, locally and nationally, involving a wide range of asset types, from multifamily, retail centers, hotels, senior living, office and large mixed-use developments. She guides clients through all stages of a deal from acquisition, financing, leasing and asset management, through disposition. Her clients include developers, owners and operators, real estate funds, investors in both the equity and sponsor role, property managers, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and lenders.
In addition, Ms. Raker has a significant background in negotiating and drafting commercial leases, representing owners and developers of office, retail and mixed-use buildings, shopping centers and new retail developments.
- Represented developer in acquisition of site for development of multifamily apartments as part of a mixed-use development in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Representing real estate fund in the financing, joint venture structure and acquisition of various types of properties nationwide, including multifamily developments, shopping centers, senior living facilities, hotels and office development
- Represented administrative agent in secured credit facility which included both acquisition and refinancing transaction involving more than 100 gas station and convenience store properties
- Representing developer in the retail leasing of a mixed-use residential and retail development in Chevy Chase, Maryland, including the anchor grocer, bank and pharmacy, in addition to boutique retail tenants
- Represented an opportunity zone fund in the acquisition of multifamily-family development in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a foreign fund in the acquisition of retail shopping center in Virginia and representing on leasing matters for the center
- Represented owner in leasing newly developed trophy-class office building, with leases ranging from 5,000 square feet to multi-floor with more than 40,000 square feet
- Representing landlord in retail leasing of newly developed mixed-used project in Chicago
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Raker worked for a full-service law firm, where she focused on real estate transactions, bankruptcy, creditors' rights and real estate-related litigation.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Syracuse University, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Young Leaders Group, Programs Committee, 2022; Real Estate 101 Committee, 2018-2021
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Young Leadership Board, 2018-2020
- Best Buddies of Maryland, Advisory Board Member, 2018-2022
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2023
- Rising Star, Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers magazine, 2022
- The William P. Cunningham Award, University of Maryland School of Law
- Leadership Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Law
- Order of the Coif