Eric C. Reed is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office. Mr. Reed focuses his practice on handling disputes involving commercial litigation, construction litigation, commercial landlord/tenant litigation, commercial and consumer collections and replevins, mortgage and lien foreclosures, and general lender representation.
Mr. Reed's experience in creditors' rights focuses on representing national and local companies dealing with distressed businesses and individuals. This entails obtaining money judgments and in rem judgments against property pledged as collateral and assisting clients in collecting on those judgments in post-judgment proceedings, including supplementary proceedings.
In addition, Mr. Reed has experience representing numerous mortgage loan originators, loan servicers and investors in lawsuits and contested foreclosures. He has represented banks and other finance businesses in lawsuits concerning the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) and Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), as well as matters arising out of Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulations.
Mr. Reed also helps represent timeshare companies and other businesses in financially related cases, plaintiffs or defendants in disputes involving the automotive industry, along with contractors and owners involving construction lien issues. Mr. Reed also frequently serves as an attorney fee expert.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Reed was an attorney at a Florida-based law firm in its Orlando office. Previously, he gained trial experience as an assistant state attorney in the Ninth Judicial Circuit in Orange County, Florida.
Before attending law school, Mr. Reed was a territory manager for a national consumer product company, where he gained an understanding of corporate management and sales in directing operations in Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Barry University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S., Telecommunications
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA), President, 2021-2022; Executive Council, 2011-2021; Legal Aid Society, Board Member, 2020-2021; Judicial Relations Committee, Chair, 2012-2014; Young Lawyers Section, President, 2010-2011; OCBA Foundation, Board Member, 2011-2013 and 2019-2020
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida, Chair, 2022-Present; Vice Chair, 2020-2021; Second Vice Chair, 2019-2020; Board Member, 2017-Present
- Leadership Orlando, Class 96 Graduate, 2019
- Junior Achievement Leadership Council, 2015-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021, 2022, 2024
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2019, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Creditor Debtor Rights, 2015, 2016, 2019
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Bankruptcy, 2011-2014