Magda Karina Reza Villarreal is a corporate attorney at Holland & Knight's Monterrey office. Ms. Reza Villareal focuses her practice on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and regulatory compliance. She assists clients with the application process of anti-money laundering provisions, internal corruption cases in companies and other day-to-day corporate issues.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Reza Villareal worked for a leading Mexican law firm. Ms. Reza Villareal has advised companies, whether national or international, on their corporate formations and restructurings; due diligence; public tender procedures; M&A; spinoffs; liquidations; compliance and anticorruption matters, and internal investigations. Ms. Reza Villarreal has also helped clients in foreign investment matters. In addition, she has assisted in preparing proper corporate governance strategy for companies, including without limitation, the drafting and adjusting of internal policies and internal audits, among others.
- Advised a Mexican entity on anticorruption and compliance matters regarding a public tender procedure
- Advised in the drafting and review of compliance programs for national and international companies
- Participated in anticorruption and anti-money laundering compliance investigations and remediation plans
- Advised a multinational company on compliance of their internal compliance programs, code of ethics and internal regulations to Mexican regulations and best practices
- Advised a French company in the regularization of the acquisition of Spanish wholly owned Mexican companies
- Advised a Spanish company on the restructuring of its corporate group using trusts
- Advised clients on intercompany mergers and acquisitions
- Advised international companies in the set up of operations in Mexico through the incorporation of subsidiaries or branch offices
- Advised Mexican companies in the management of corporate secretariat, foreign investment matters and day-to-day inquiries
- Audited, reviewed and remediated more than 800 trusts for a renowned Mexican trust institution
- Universidad de Monterrey, J.D.
- The National Association of Corporate Lawyers, Bar Association, A.C. (ANADE), 2020-Present
- Outstanding Thesis, "Tort Liability for Damages Caused by Autonomous Vehicles," Universidad de Monterrey, 2021