Kenneth R. Richie is a partner in Holland & Knight's Orlando and Miami offices. He is a member of the charter class of Board Certified Construction Lawyers in Florida and is a Certified Circuit Civil Mediator.
Mr. Richie's practice focuses on both domestic and international construction projects, contracting, and state and federal government contracts. He represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers and material suppliers in contract drafting and litigation on a range of industrial, commercial energy and infrastructure projects, including commercial buildings, transportation facilities, industrial complexes, and large residential complexes. Mr. Richie also has extensive experience in the area of creditors’ rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Richie served as a captain in the U.S. Army. He was a member of the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corp, and was posted at Fort Stewart, Ga., with the 24th Infantry Division (Mech). Mr. Richie was also a special assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Georgia.
Mr. Richie lectures frequently on various topics relating to the construction industry.
- Pursuit of claims totaling $18 million, and defense of claims, arising from the design of an oil refinery campus
- Pursuit of claims totaling $50 million for the construction of a major airport terminal
- Pursuit of claims totaling $14 million for water intrusion on a multi-building apartment complex
- Defense of claims totaling $4.5 million on a multi-building condominium complex
- Negotiated and drafted the contract suite for the construction of a $200 million commercial chemical plant
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D.
- University of Memphis, B.A.
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Construction, 2019, 2021
- Florida Bar Board Certified Construction Lawyer
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007, 2012-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator