Ira N. Rosner is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. He has more than three decades of experience helping entrepreneurs and corporate management teams create, fund, manage, grow and capitalize on their businesses. Mr. Rosner has worked with a wide variety of companies, ranging from start-up ventures to Fortune 100 enterprises, in a wide array of industries, including construction, healthcare, real estate (including REITs), pharmaceuticals, aerospace and aviation, agriculture, energy, manufacturing, high tech, life sciences, retail, business outsourcing, telecommunications and insurance.
In addition, Mr. Rosner is highly experienced in both public and private equity and debt securities offerings, as well as the sale and acquisition of public and privately held companies. He represents public companies in connection with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, securities exchange compliance and corporate governance, and counsels boards of directors and their committees, including with respect to internal investigations, shareholder litigation demands and conflict of interest transactions.
- Represented MasTec Inc., a telecommunications and energy infrastructure construction company, in more than 20 strategic acquisitions in the wireless telecommunications and energy infrastructure sectors
- Represented OPKO Health Inc., a pharmaceutical and diagnostic clinical laboratory company, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of BioReference Laboratories Inc.
- Represented HEICO Corporation, an aerospace and defense company, in its acquisition of Lucix Inc., a manufacturer of space satellite components
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Alico Inc., a citrus, sugar and cattle farming company, in connection with the sale of control by the company's majority shareholder
- Represented Terremark Worldwide Inc., a cloud computing services company, in its $1.4 billion acquisition by Verizon Communications Inc.
- Represented Florida East Coast Industries Inc., a railroad and real estate development company, in its $3.5 billion acquisition by a company formed by certain private equity funds managed by affiliates of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Represented home healthcare and hospice company Gentiva Health Services Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of Odyssey Health Care Inc., a hospice provider
- Represented Equity One Inc., an NYSE-listed shopping center REIT, in its $730 million acquisition of IRT Property Company, another publicly traded shopping center REIT
- Represented design, engineering and construction services firm The PBSJ Corporation in its $280 million acquisition by WS Atkins plc, a United Kingdom-based engineering firm
- Represented appliance maker Applica Incorporated in its $128 million acquisition by private equity funds, Harbinger Capital Partners Master Fund I Ltd. and Harbinger Capital Partners Special Situations Fund L.P., and the competing tender offer by another potential acquirer
- Represented International Motion Control Inc., a manufacturer of motion control and automation products, in its $395 million acquisition by ITT Corporation
- Represented Florida East Coast Industries in its $250 million acquisition of the Codina Group, a real estate development company
- Represented generic drug maker Abrika Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its acquisition by Actavis Inc.
- Represented MasTec, Inc., a telecommunications and energy infrastructure construction company, in its $600 million offering of senior notes offered under Rule 144A
- Represented MEDNAX Inc., a national physician practices company focusing on neonatal, anesthesiology and teleradiology services, in its $750 million offering of senior notes offered under Rule 144A
- Represented MasTec Inc. in its public offering of $400 million of 4.875 percent senior notes and tender offer for its $150 million of 7.625 percent senior notes
- Represented Equity One Inc. in multiple public offerings involving billions of dollars of debt and equity securities
- Represented MEDNAX Inc. in connection with its $1.9 billion credit facility and multiple predecessor facilities
- Represented Gentiva Health Services Inc. in connection with its acquisition financing for Odyssey Health Care Inc., consisting, in part, of $325 million in senior notes offered under Rule 144A
- Represented OPKO Health Inc. and BioReference Laboratories Inc. in connection with a $175 million credit facility
- Represented Equity One Inc. in connection with its $575 million credit facility and multiple predecessor facilities
- Represented Florida Power & Light Company and its affiliates in multiple public offerings involving billions of dollars of debt and equity securities
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., Political Science
- New York
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Trustee
- National Association of Corporate Directors, Florida Chapter, Advisory Board
- Florida Bar Association, Corporations and Securities Law and Business Law Committees
- Top Dealmaker of the Year Awards – Corporate and Corporate Finance, Daily Business Review, 2016
- Attorney of the Year Finalist, Daily Business Review
- Most Effective Lawyer Finalist, Top Dealmaker of the Year – Corporate Finance Category, Daily Business Review, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Securities / Capital Markets Lawyer of the Year, 2018, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, Energy Law, Securities/Capital Market Law, 2007-2018, 2020, 2021; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2019-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Securities/Capital Market Law, Miami, 2016
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, 2008, 2010-2020
- IFLR1000, The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms, Notable Practitioner, Private Equity, M&A, 2019, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Pi Sigma Alpha