Travis A. Sabalewski
Travis Sabalewski is a financial litigation attorney and executive partner of Holland & Knight's Richmond office. Mr. Sabalewski leads a large national team that litigates individual, mass arbitration and class action cases throughout the country utilizing Holland & Knight’s extensive domestic footprint.
Mr. Sabalewski regularly counsels on claims against crypto exchanges, providers of self-custodial digital wallets, credit card issuers and servicers, auto finance companies, mortgage lenders and servicers, buy now-pay later companies (BNPLs), personal loan companies and others. He regularly provides counsel to clients defending claims under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Military Lending Act (MLA), Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and state law consumer protection acts, as well as common law claims.
Mr. Sabalewski’s team forms and adjusts strategies in consultation with clients to obtain voluntary dismissals and early settlements on favorable terms, prevail on dispositive motions, defeat class certification and, when required, litigate matters through to trial or final arbitration hearing. In addition, Mr. Sabalewski regularly assists clients with consumer regulatory compliance issues and other commercial litigation matters.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- The University of Iowa, M.A., Philosophy
- James Madison University, B.A., Economics and Philosophy
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Federal Bar Association, Richmond Chapter, Board Member, 2009-2012
- ASK Childhood Cancer Foundation, Board Member, 2009-2011
- Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, Business Litigation, 2015-2019
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, Business Litigation, 2008-2017