Travis Sabalewski is a financial litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons office, from where he litigates individual and class action consumer finance cases around the country.
Mr. Sabalewski provides counsel for cases typically brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) or state law consumer protection acts. The cases often include common law claims such as negligence, defamation and breach of contract.
Mr. Sabalewski actively litigates and manages teams that litigate throughout the country, forming and adjusting strategies in consultation with his clients. He and his teams frequently obtain voluntary dismissals, achieve early settlement on favorable terms, prevail in motions practice, and, when required, litigate matters through to trial.
In addition, Mr. Sabalewski regularly assists clients with consumer regulatory compliance issues and other commercial litigation matters.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- The University of Iowa, M.A., Philosophy
- James Madison University, B.A., Economics and Philosophy
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Federal Bar Association, Richmond Chapter, Board Member, 2009-2012
- ASK Childhood Cancer Foundation, Board Member, 2009-2011
- Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, Business Litigation, 2015-2019
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, Business Litigation, 2008-2017