Francesco Salpietro is a corporate services attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office, where he focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), search funds, securities and general corporate matters.
Mr. Salpietro routinely advises publicly and privately held corporations, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Mr. Salpietro is an active member of the firm's Search Funds practice and has substantial experience representing domestic and international search funds in connection with capital raising, acquisition transactions and related matters.
As a member of the LGBTQ+ legal community, Mr. Salpietro's pro bono practice has included representation of LGBTQ+ and other individuals in state court and federal immigration proceedings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Salpietro was a corporate attorney at another major international law firm.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance, B.M.A., Voice Performance, with highest honors
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, LGBT Rights Committee
- University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Lead Executive Editor
- University of Michigan, Alumni Recruiter
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Alumni Association
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's Merit Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2013-2016
- Benjamin H. Teplitz Award, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2016
- Faculty Award of Excellence in Legal Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2016
- Pro Bono Service Leadership Recognition Award, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2016
- Trial Advocacy Award, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2016
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Contracts, Criminal Law, Torts, Evidence, Estates & Trusts, Federal Courts & Federal Litigation, E-Discovery Seminar, 2013-2016
- International Association of LGBT Judges Writing Competition, First Place, 2016
- School of Law Community Service Award, 2016
- James B. Angell Scholar, University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance, 2009-2013