Eugene F. Segrest is a partner in Holland & Knight's Dallas office and a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice. Mr. Segrest focuses his practice on real estate and finance law.
Mr. Segrest has experience in a wide range of transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of land and improved property, the acquisition and development of real property, commercial loan transactions secured by real estate for borrowers and lenders, loan workouts and modifications, the purchase and management of defaulted loan portfolios secured by real estate, commercial, industrial, office, and retail leasing and foreclosures. He counsels special servicers, individuals, private equity funds, banks and large corporate clients.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Segrest was a partner in the Dallas office of a prominent global law firm where he was involved in the types of transactions mentioned above.
- Representation of a global company in connection with the sale of industrial plants in a multistate transaction
- Representation of a global company in the acquisition and development of a major industrial plant
- Representation of a global company in the negotiation of a major industrial plant lease
- Representation of a national company in connection with the acquisition, leasing and management of office buildings across the U.S.
- Representation of a national company in connection with the acquisition and development of an office building
- Representation of a national company in connection with the leasing of a national industrial property portfolio
- Representation of a national development company in connection with the analysis of mineral owner rights versus surface owner rights on multiple development properties
- Representation of special servicers on a national basis in all aspects of real estate, including loan workouts, foreclosures, property management agreements, leasing agreements, license agreements, nondisturbance agreements, landlord waivers, tenant default letters, lease listing agreements, sales listing agreements, and sales agreements for hotels, office buildings, apartments and shopping centers
- Representation of special servicers in the enforcement of tenant default remedies
- Representation of private equity funds in the purchase of defaulted loan portfolios and the subsequent enforcement of remedies, management, leasing and disposition of the property securing such portfolios
- Representation of multiple lenders and borrowers in real estate loan transactions
- Representation of a national company in connection with the analysis of various water rights
- Representation of utility companies in analysis of universal rights
- Representation of charitable organizations in disposition of mineral interests across the United States
- Representation of a bank in drafting and negotiation of various agricultural leases and ancillary agricultural documents
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas Tech University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Dallas Bar Association, Fellow
- Texas Tech University Law Review
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2016-2022
- Texas Tech University, Two-Time Baseball Academic All-American, 1981-1983
- Consumer Discretionary Deal of the Year, 18th Annual M&A Advisor Awards
- Texas Best Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2017
- Outstanding Services Award, American Bar Association Military Pro Bono Project, 2018