Noah Shapiro is a New York real estate attorney who focuses his practice on a variety of commercial real estate leasing transactions. Mr. Shapiro has a specific emphasis on office, retail and ground leasing of mostly Class A properties. In addition, he is involved in all aspects of the leasing process, including negotiating leases, consulting with clients on term sheets or letters of intent, and negotiating brokerage or agency agreements.
Mr. Shapiro is routinely involved in several of the largest leasing transactions initiated each year in New York City, representing major landlords, such as SL Green Realty Corp., L&L Holding Company and Brookfield Financial Properties.
Mr. Shapiro's recent engagements include:
- represented SL Green Realty Corp. in a 1.6 million-square-foot lease to Viacom International at 1515 Broadway; at the time, this transaction was the largest-ever New York City office lease (other than a few sale-leaseback arrangements)
- represented Brookfield Office Properties in connection with a lease for 1.2 million square feet at One New York Plaza to Morgan Stanley, at the time, the largest single asset office lease in New York City since 2008
- represented Lazard Group LLC in its long-term headquarters lease of approximately 440,000 square feet at Rockefeller Center in New York
- represented SL Green Realty Corp. in connection with its joint venture to develop Pace University dormitories at 180 Broadway and 33 Beekman Street in Manhattan
- represented L&L Holding Company in a lease with HarperCollins for 180,000 square feet at 195 Broadway in New York
- represented L&L Holding Company in a lease with Eataly at 200 Fifth Avenue in New York
- the long-term representation of a landlord with a nearly 8 million-square-foot Manhattan office portfolio, including a lease with a global advertising agency of approximately 400,000 square feet; a lease with a global advertising agency of approximately 200,000 square feet and a lease with a world-renowned luxury retailer for their headquarters of approximately 225,000 square feet
- the long-term representation of the landlord with a nearly 22 million-square-foot Manhattan office portfolio, including the renewal lease and modification of an approximately 1.3 million-square-foot space; a renewal lease of approximately 250,000 square feet and several leases of at least 75,000 square feet
- represented Cushman & Wakefield in their headquarters lease in midtown Manhattan
- represented prestigious tenants in several headquarters leases of at least 90,000 square feet
- represented ground lessors and ground lessees in several ground-leasing transactions.
Prior to joining, Holland & Knight, Mr. Shapiro was a real estate attorney for a global law firm in its New York office. Mr. Shapiro often lectures on leasing topics for the MBA Real Estate Program at Columbia University.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Hofstra University, B.B.A.
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2024
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, 2023
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2018
- Rising Stars, New York Super Lawyers magazine, Real Estate, 2011-2012
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Business guide, Real Estate (New York), 2012-2013