Stosh Silivos is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. Mr. Silivos has a diverse litigation practice, representing clients in matters ranging from complex commercial actions and shareholder disputes to product liability claims and internal investigations. He focuses primarily on appellate advocacy and is well-versed in all phases of litigation, from pretrial discovery through trial.
Mr. Silivos' representative matters include:
- defending an aircraft manufacturer in a multijurisdictional product liability litigation arising out of a fatal aviation accident, including obtaining a pre-answer dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction and successfully defending the dismissal at the appellate level
- attaining an appellate affirmance for a retailer dismissed from a putative class action alleging overcollection of sales tax
- representing a multinational corporation as a potential indemnitor in an action involving long-tail environmental claims, including by obtaining a summary judgment determination that the indemnity obligation was extinguished based on the indemnitee’s conduct
- obtaining an attachment of $11.5 million in assets to secure a foreign judgment in advance of recognition and enforcement of the same
- securing appellate victory for a nongovernmental organization accused of various torts in connection with a Mexican land dispute
While attending Columbia University Law School, Mr. Silivos was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, a member of the Journal of Transnational Law and a judicial extern for the Honorable M. Casey Rodgers, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.A.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School
- Valedictorian, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Florida