Stosh Silivos is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. Clients and colleagues turn to Mr. Silivos for his ability to distill complex legal and factual issues into clear, compelling arguments and narratives. He has a broad litigation practice, focused primarily on commercial and corporate litigation.
Mr. Silivos represents companies in a wide range of industries, including transportation, healthcare, financial services, hospitality, technology, insurance, energy, real estate and construction. He has particular experience, however, in the aviation field, including in aviation accident litigation.
Mr. Silivos also has substantial appellate experience, having practiced before numerous state and federal appellate courts, including several courts of last resort.
Mr. Silivos' representative matters include:
- representing a corporate defendant and its executives against direct and derivative claims related to a phased buy-out of a specialty pharmacy company, attaining pre-trial dismissals of the individual defendants and defeating all claims against the corporate defendant at trial
- representing a multinational corporation as a potential indemnitor in an insurance action involving environmental claims, obtaining a summary judgment determination that the indemnity obligation was extinguished because of the indemnitee's conduct and then prevailing again on appeal
- defending an aircraft manufacturer in a multijurisdictional product liability litigation arising out of a fatal aviation accident, procuring a pre-answer dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction and successfully defending the dismissal on appeal, leading to a favorable settlement
- attaining an appellate affirmance for a retailer dismissed from a putative class action alleging overcollection of sales tax
- securing an appellate victory for a nongovernmental organization accused of various torts in connection with a land dispute
While attending Columbia Law School, Mr. Silivos was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, a member of the Journal of Transnational Law and a judicial extern for the Honorable M. Casey Rodgers, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.A.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School
- Valedictorian, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Florida