David C. Silver is a partner in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C. office. He practices in the areas of real estate acquisition, development, financing and commercial leasing. His practice includes the representation of large developers, pension funds and institutional owners, as well as large corporations in connection with their real estate activities in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and nationally. This representation includes the buying, selling, development, financing and/or leasing of office buildings, shopping centers, residential buildings, hotels and mixed-use sites. He also represents Holland & Knight in all of its real estate activities nationally and serves on the firm's Directors Committee.
Mr. Silver is a certified public accountant, and was associated with the accounting firm of Coopers & Lybrand from 1981-85, where his work emphasized syndications and real estate accounting. Mr. Silver speaks on various commercial real estate topics and was an adjunct professor of law at George Washington University Law Center, where he taught accounting for lawyers.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Lehigh University, B.S., Accounting
- District of Columbia
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Fellow
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, Maryland, 2001-Present; Board of Trustees, 2001-2016; Chairman of the Board of Trustees, 2013-2016; Emeritus Board Member, Campus Enhancement Task Force Member, 2016-Present
- Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2009-Present; Board of Trustees, 2013-2016; Audit, Insurance and Compliance Committee, Internal Audit Committee, 2009-Present
- Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute, Georgetown University Law Center, Board of Directors
- Anti-Defamation League, 2005-Present; Regional Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- AV Preeminent Rating® – Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards, Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2006-2021
- Best Lawyer, Washingtonian Magazine, Real Estate and Zoning/Land Use, 2011-2015; Real Estate, 2017-2020
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate, 2008-2020
- Who's Who Legal 100: Real Estate, 2014
- The International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyer's, 2013
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, May 2009
- Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2012