Anthony Jose Sirven is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office, where he focuses on commercial cases involving fraud, breach-of-contract, partnership, intellectual property and M&A disputes.
Mr. Sirven has successfully litigated cases through mediation, motion practice and trial, including a jury trial that returned a $159 million award for a firm client — the largest verdict in Florida in 2022. In addition, Mr. Sirven has secured favorable post-trial rulings and unanimous affirmances on appeal.
Before joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Sirven served as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul C. Huck of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. During his clerkship, he worked on federal trials as well as appeals, while Judge Huck sat by designation on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits.
- Member of a trial team that obtained a $159 million jury verdict and final judgment for a firm client in a fraud action against a leading engineering-and-technology firm
- Obtained a final judgment on the pleadings dismissing an eight-figure lawsuit brought against a government contractor
- Obtained a dismissal of a nationwide class action lawsuit alleging unfair trade practices and competition claims
- Obtained a post-trial order vacating an eight-figure jury award, after being retained post-verdict by another law firm
- Obtained multiple per-curiam (unanimous) affirmances on appeal in cases involving partnership indemnification rights
- Resolved numerous claims brought against M&A representation-and-warranty insurers
- Resolved an eight-figure False Claims Act (FCA) pre-suit demand brought by government prosecuting authorities
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida International University, B.A., Philosophy; Minor in Communication Studies
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Federal Bar Association
- Federalist Society, Miami Lawyers Chapter
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Order of the Coif
- Book Award, Trial Practice
- Dean's List, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2013-2016