Anastasia Sotiropoulos is an attorney in Holland & Knight’s Chicago office and a member of the firm’s Financial Services Team. Ms. Sotiropoulos represents borrowers and lenders in senior secured credit facilities, second-lien credit facilities, real estate finance and syndicated credit facilities.
During law school, Ms. Sotiropoulos served on the editorial board of the DePaul Law Review as an editor of Articles, Notes and Comments. In addition, she volunteered at the Circuit Court of Cook County's Domestic Violence Courthouse, where she helped advocate for victims of domestic violence by drafting emergency orders of protection. She remains involved with WINGS Metro, a nonprofit organization that provides temporary housing to victims of domestic violence to assist them in escaping the cycle of abuse.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Sotiropoulos worked as a law clerk at a Chicago-based law firm in its labor and employment practice. She also worked as a legal intern in the Office of the Solicitor at the U.S. Department of Labor, where she primarily focused on analyzing labor and employment law issues.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Sotiropoulos was selected as the first recipient of the Thomas Eimermann Mock Trial Scholarship at Illinois State University, where she competed on the mock trial team for four consecutive years and served as captain for three years.
- Illinois State University, B.S., Management, summa cum laude
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- WINGS Metro, Associate Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Dean’s List
- DePaul Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, Legal Drafting Transactions, Secured Transactions, Business Organizations, Trial Advocacy I & II, Legal Research and Writing III, Legal Profession