Caroline Johnson Tanner practices with Holland & Knight's Atlanta Litigation Team. She has experience in the areas of product liability, commercial and real estate litigation, civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act, false advertising, copyright and trademark litigation and business tort litigation. She tries cases in federal and state courts and handles complex commercial cases in arbitration.
In addition to her general business and product liability litigation practice, Ms. Tanner has handled copyright and trademark infringement cases in federal courts throughout Florida, Georgia and North Carolina, representing leading software and manufacturing clients in protection of their property rights.
Ms. Tanner served on the Atlanta Board of Ethics, a citizen appointed board composed of seven Atlanta residents selected by legal, business, civic and educational groups to enforce the City of Atlanta Code of Ethics, from 2008-2014, and as chairwoman of the board from 2011-2014.
Ms. Tanner is on the Board of Directors of the Holland & Knight Charitable Foundation and also serves as the pro bono partner for Holland & Knight's Atlanta office. She is a member of the Leadership Atlanta Class of 2013. Ms. Tanner serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for Callanwolde Fine Arts Center.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with honors
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- All State Courts in Georgia
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, Board of Directors
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, Advisory Board
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Corporate Leadership Council
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Order of Barristers
- Leadership Atlanta, 2013
- Leadership Midtown, 2001
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2022-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers Guide, Intellectual Property, 2009-2011
- Rising Stars, Georgia Super Lawyer magazine, 2005
- Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine