Mark Taylor focuses his practice on bankruptcy, creditors' rights and complex commercial litigation, and brings a personal commitment to the clients he represents. His experience spans a wide range of industries - from real estate and construction to financial services, energy and manufacturing. Mr. Taylor enjoys the dynamic nature of bankruptcy law and the opportunity to develop creative strategies and solutions to the challenges faced by companies and individuals in the bankruptcy context, representing debtors, creditors, committees and trustees.
Mr. Taylor served for several years on the Western District of Texas Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee, and he is the former president of the Austin Bankruptcy Lawyers' Association where he continues to serve as a council member. He also speaks and writes extensively on bankruptcy issues and bankruptcy-litigation topics. He also represents clients in state and federal court in breach of contract disputes, real estate disputes, landlord-tenant disputes and other litigation matters and appeals.
Previously, Mr. Taylor was a partner with a preeminent bankruptcy and civil litigation boutique firm in Austin, Texas.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- Rice University, B.A.
- All U.S. District Courts in Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Austin Bar Association
- American Bar Associations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Western District of Texas Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee, 2008-2015
- Austin Bankruptcy Lawyers' Association Council 2008-2017, President, 2014-2015
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Texas), 2019-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization, 2021-2024
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, Bankruptcy: Business, 2012-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated