Chris Thompson is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Birmingham office. Mr. Thompson helps healthcare clients – including hospitals, post-acute care providers, ambulatory surgery centers, behavioral health providers and specialty physician practices – in transactional matters such as mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Mr. Thompson also provides counsel on day-to-day operational concerns and regulatory compliance, including Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute issues.
Additionally, Mr. Thompson assists clients with state licensure, certification issues, and Certificate of Need (CON) applications, as well as Medicare enrollment and reimbursement matters, provider contracts, employment contracts, Medical Director and specialty services contracts, and physician recruitment agreements.
Previously, Mr. Thompson gained valuable experience as an associate in the Birmingham office of a national law firm.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University, Master of Theological Studies
- Oxford University, M.St., Medieval Studies
- Auburn University, B.A. and B.S., History; Zoology, summa cum laude
- American Health Law Association (AHLA)
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Health Care Law, 2022-2024