Physician Practice Management
- Holland & Knight attorneys have extensive experience structuring and developing physician practices and practice management companies across a broad range of healthcare specialties.
- The track record of our Physician Practice Management Team includes scores of practice acquisitions involving single specialty and multispecialty practices, acquisitions of entire group practices, and the merger of small and single practitioner practices.
Physician practices and practice management companies operating throughout the United States rely on Holland & Knight attorneys for advice and counsel on a wide range of important issues, from formation and compliance to transactional matters.
Holland & Knight's Physician Practice Management Team has extensive experience structuring and developing physician practices and practice management companies across a broad range of specialties, including radiology, dermatology, vision, podiatry, women's health, emergency medicine, anesthesiology and more. Our attorneys also assist hospitals and healthcare systems in the design and implementation of their physician alignment strategies.
Our lawyers' track record includes scores of practice acquisitions involving single specialty and multispecialty practices, acquisitions of entire group practices and the merger of small and single practitioner practices. Holland & Knight also advises private equity investors on platform and tack-on acquisitions, serving as both transaction counsel and healthcare regulatory counsel.
Our services include:
- handling platform company structure and formation, including rollover equity of physician owners
- conducting transactional due diligence with respect to regulatory compliance, reimbursement, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance, fee-splitting, corporate practice of medicine issues and licensing
- negotiating management and employment agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation provisions
- assisting with licensing and regulatory compliance matters
- advising on employee compensation and benefits, as well as the development of phantom equity and other incentive plans
- providing support for commercial finance transactions, including debt financing and private equity sponsorship
- handling myriad labor and employment issues
- helping with commercial litigation and enforcement actions