Owners and operators of hospitals and other healthcare facilities turn to Holland & Knight lawyers for their depth of industry experience and corporate, securities and public company legal know-how. With the unique regulatory landscape governing the healthcare industry, meeting your business transactional needs demands both the industry experience of our health law attorneys and the transactional acumen of our firm’s seasoned “deal-makers.”
Promoting and Protecting Your Interests
Whether you need guidance through an acquisition, a disposition or reorg, financing for your healthcare facility or assistance in litigation-related matters, your counsel can often make the difference between closing on favorable terms and contentiousness that can kill the deal. The breadth and depth of our experience in healthcare law – combined with our strategy of collaborating with lawyers from the firm’s other disciplines – ensure that the most current regulatory demands of business in your industry are met as we work together to attain a positive outcome for your transaction.
- The Healthcare Team consists of more than 60 dedicated lawyers who draw talent from other practice areas– (such as tax, mergers & acquisitions, antitrust, real estate, labor and employment, dispute resolution, environmental and other legal disciplines) through support attorneys who are experienced in working on healthcare deals.
- Holland & Knight lawyers have deal experience with a diverse client base, including hospitals; health plans, health insurers, and their vendors, pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies; private group practices, nursing and assisted living facilities; home health agencies; hospices and mental health care providers.
- Holland & Knight lawyers are geographically dispersed and poised to handle work anywhere in the United States or abroad.
Whether your transaction involves a merger, joint venture, loan negotiation, risk assessment or legal compliance matter, Holland & Knight lawyers will advance your interests with savvy and comprehensive counsel throughout the process – from outlining your strategy and structure to negotiating, drafting and documenting the final agreements.
An experienced partner will lead the internal coordination of work conducted for your business, communicate with you regularly, and ensure a timely conclusion for your transaction. Specific services include:
- negotiation and drafting of sale or acquisition agreements based on a variety of transaction structures
- negotiation and drafting of loan agreements and other documentation for the financing of healthcare facilities
- venture capital and other financings
- joint venture agreements
- due diligence investigations
- legal compliance assessments – including evaluation of Medicare, Medicaid and other public health law requirements, HIPAA law and state privacy laws, pharmacy law and ERISA
- assessment of potential “fraud and abuse”
- structuring research and development agreements
- assistance with state certificate-of-need, licensure, and Medicare and Medicaid certification processes
- evaluation of the effect of any transaction under existing finance agreements, trust indentures, union contracts, insurance policies, managed care documents and other contractual arrangements
- Securities Law – representation in any transaction involving complex SEC-related matters
Not Merely Responsive – Proactive
Anticipating regulatory trends, and preparing for their potential impact on industry, is key to the proficiency of Holland & Knight’s legal teams. As the business of healthcare evolves and grows, so does Holland & Knight – our healthcare attorneys stay abreast of policy developments and maintain industry relationships that keep our business counsel effective, creative and current.