Juan Carlos Torra Lozano is a labor and benefits attorney in Holland & Knight's Mexico City office. He has more than 15 years of experience advising clients on employment matters in the corporate sector, including individual and collective procedures, strikes and collective agreement titles, among others. Mr. Torra is also well versed in domestic and foreign companies' labor and employment due diligence.
In addition, Mr. Torra is experienced in negotiations before the Employee's Defense Office, litigation before the federal and local labor boards in Mexico and amparo appeals. He is highly knowledgeable in executive compensation, employee benefits, labor-management relations, non-compete agreements, workforce reductions and helping companies manage other employee changes.
As part of his practice, Mr. Torra advises clients on implementing labor structures, compliance investigations, internal labor regulation, employee handbooks, labor restructuring and collective bargaining agreements, as well as policies, confidentiality agreements and employment contracts.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Torra worked for several local and international law firms in Mexico and provided consultancy to various multinational companies.
Mr. Torra also has completed the Outsourcing Reform Seminar through Intituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, and has earned specialization in labor law and related matters through the Conciliation and Arbitration Board of Mexico City.
- Advised a French company based in Mexico in all matters related to administrative restructuring, executive compensation and internal regulations
- Represented a leading company in the soft drink and food industry on various legal matters, including labor and management issues such as executive benefits, severance pay, employee benefits and compensation, employee relations, non-compete agreements, layoffs and changes of control
- Advised a compliance company that specializes in collecting and disposing regulated substances on restructuring its executive organization chart, employee compensation, labor lawsuits filed by managers, conducting labor audits and changes in procedures
- Represented the owner and operator of grocery and department stores across Mexico on individual and collective corporate procedures as well as labor and employment matters
- Represented a subsidiary of a leading company dedicated to the development and marketing of food products on labor and employment issues, including individual and collective corporate procedures
- Advised a Mexican hypermarket group on numerous legal matters, including workforce reductions, executive benefits, severance pay, employee benefits and compensation, employee relations, non-compete agreements, layoffs and changes of control
- Represented an international financial services company on managing labor litigation before the federal and local labor boards in Mexico
- Represented a Mexican real estate trust before the federal labor board in Mexico regarding labor management relations and amparo procedures
- Universidad del Valle de México, J.D.
- Instituto Nacional de Desarrollo Jurídico, Specialization, Amparo Law