Charles Wachter is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tampa office and practices in the areas of class action defense, real estate, finance and insurance litigation. His experience also includes defense of alleged toxic tort and environmental class actions.
Representative cases include:
- Ward v. EZCorp, Inc., 16-14280C (11th Cir. 2017)
- Anderson v. Maronda Homes, Inc., 2D11-4203 (Fla. 2d DCA 2011)
- Jackson v. Motel 6 Multipurpose, Inc., 130 F. 3d 999 (11th Cir. 1997)
- Horton v. Metropolitan Life Insurance Co., 459 F. Supp. 2d 1246 (M.D. Fla. 2006)
- Turner v. General Electric Co., Case No. 05-CV-00186, 2006 WL 2620275 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 13, 2006)
- Fla. Dep't of Transportation v. Lounders, Case No. 04-CA-006624 (Fla. 13th Cir. Mar. 7, 2006)
- Variable Annuity Life Insurance Co. v. Hausinger, 927 So. 2d 243 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006)
- Correctional Medical Services, Inc. v. Wise, 792 So. 2d 1286 (Fla. 5th DCA 2001)
- Greene v. Alachua General Hospital, Inc., 705 So. 2d 953 (Fla. 1st DCA 1998)
- Helbig v. Schneider, 686 So. 2d 742 (Fla. 2d DCA 1997)
- Hall v. Humana Hosp. Daytona Beach, 686 So. 2d 653 (Fla. 5th DCA 1996)
From 1981-1982, he clerked for Judge Frank M. Johnson, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. From 1982-1983, he clerked for Judge Myron H. Thompson of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama.
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Section; Mediation and Arbitration Section, Co-Chair, 2012
- American Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Insurance Law, 2008-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007, 2009-2021
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Phi Beta Kappa